In this post I am reviewing some of the new, hot items available on the market but also going back into my closet to revive and rediscover once beloved pieces that are still very much wearable and classic.
1. In this first look I took the boxy shapes, cropped top from last summer and tweed jacket, and loosened the look up with long wide pants.
2. This next look is inspired by Spring- innocent ingénue, all sweetness and light. Spring is here, and with it comes a new crop of florals, pair them with your old pastels or neutrals in retro but edgy style. Love this A-Line dress by Ellen Tracy.
3. Dressing down for the most challenging role of my life- motherhood. You will catch me wearing no make up, linen wide pants and stripe loose top. If you desire to dress up this look a bit, below I added some bohemian elements.
4. I love to dress down, but I'm the queen of boho and Spanish influenced style. I'll look at Rachel Zoe and say, yeah, that's cool, I'll rock that. I won't ever spend the money she does, though. Except for shoes and earrings most of these items are from new collections by Tory Burch and IRO.
5. Pleats have been seen on the streets a lot lately: skirts, flouncy white shirts, spring coats etc. Street style is the fashion of our culture, and so for me, it is the way onward. It's all in the way we mix and match the pieces. You can mix this blouse with your worn-out boyfriend jeans, shorts or pencils skirts.
6. Cape-style sleeves, embroidered and back cutout with tiered overlay, this season's sexiest dresses take their cues from traditional Mexican way of dressing. Don't forget to find your favorite vintage jewelry pieces to complete this look.
7. A new breed of suit has swept in this spring, coming directly from DVF SS16 Collection. Her new fashion maturity features the arrival of such elements of decent dressing as "safari styling,"glamorous taupe-grey linen, point collar, utility style front pockets and playful rainbow fringing twist.
8. Strong, romantic and feminine. This dress by Adelyn Rae suggests a wistful prettiness and openness, taking harbor in the formality of trapeze structure. Pair it with a tried oversize trench, a cropped peacoat or a bomber jacket.
9. Summer and spring as seasons are laid-back, which means you can play more with comfortable shirts and jeans or shorts. Once you're comfortable with your base, you can expand onto your accessories.
10. Bejeweled or silk pleated tops and pleated mini skirts are turning up the heat this spring. Chic European meets bohemian is a sudden expansion of girlie femininity. Let's not forget to accessorize heavily with jewelry for maximum glamour effect.
Today's look is all about slouchy pants or joggers. Make this look sporty or sexy, take it from season to season- it all depends whether you pair it with cozy knits or ruffly crop tops, rugged boots or beautiful jewelery.
THIS MONTH'S FASHION ESSENTIALS
Slouchy pants and joggers come in crazy array of styles these days. Here, the right pieces to pair with each to achieve the fabulous look you're going for.
Guys just can't resist cute girls in stripe pencil skirts.
Which of these hot cropped top looks screams you?
Five gorgeous ides for one of 2015's big fashion trends: CHECKS!
Want to look flawless in your distressed jeans?
WEEKLY OUTFIT PLANNER
This week glamour is back- and you should be chic when going out at night. Show off your womanly shape in something sexier like snake skin print jeans.
MONDAY: Denim Jacket: Maurices.com, Jeans: New Look, Sneakers: Converse.com, Crossobody bag: Gigi New York, Tank Top: nordstromrack.com, Watch: Marc Jacobs, Ring: Ruby Heart Promise, Bracelet: overstock.com, Necklace: Adriana Orsini, Scarf: Brunello Cucinelli
TUESDAY: Necklace: Astley Clarke, Hat: Eugenia Kim, Jacket: jcrew, Backpack: JulesB, Jeans: Roberto Cavalli, Boot: Jill Sander
WEDNESDAY: Shoes: Burberry London, Tote: Céline, Bracelet: Spring Street, Earrings: Marc by Marc Jacobs, Coat: Warehouse, Dress: makemechic.com, Hat: Global Babe
THURSDAY: Sweater: ANN DEMEULEMEESTER, Bracelet: Astley Clarke, Sneakers: BRUNELLO CUCINELLI, Jacket: JCrew, Tights: JCrew, Skirt: Kenzo, Clutch: Zadig&Voltaire
FRIDAY: Dress: Zeagoo, Tights: Sofie D'hoore, Clutch: Rebecca Minkoff, Necklace: Amazon.com, Earrings: Kate Spade New York, Coat: glamzelle.com, Sunglasses: River Island, Shoes: Giusppe Zanotti
SATURDAY: Monki, Coat: J.Crew, Shoes: Sergio Rossi, Clutch: Vintage 1950s on Etsy, Earrings: Kenneth Jay Lane, Necklace: beladora.com
SUNDAY: Bag: Burberry, Rings: Carolina Bucci, Kismet, Earrings: Stephen Dweck, Dress: Temperley London, Pumps: BRIAN ATWOOD, Jacket: Temperley London,
Today, my look is inspired by A.F Vandervorst from Ready to Wear Fall/Winter 2014 Collection. The collection did not get too many great reviews but I think some of the looks were pretty strong and actually quite gorgeous. Once in a while everyone enjoys an impromptu drink with friends after work or a last minute invite to a dinner party. So when it is time to live, love and laugh a little, it is great to have an outfit that embraces all of that in an elegant, sophisticated but still young ensemble. Pairing this original A.F Vandervorst blacksmith blazer with a Blumarine knee length dress is a great start to a phenomenal night. If trying to dress similarly to the A.F Vandervorst look, I found these perfect Adriana Pappell Basha booties but pumps or high boots would work with this look as well. I was never so into cuffs or bracelets until I found few exceptional pieces like this Borbonese cuff that I literally want to wear with everything. When I dress up, somehow I feel more confident and there is something magical about wearing a skinny belt, like this Bottega Venetta, with your dress that makes you look extra feminine. There is not one recipe for style and this look or any other look for that matter can be accessorized with feminine, sophisticated, classy or vintage pieces. I love to look very put-together but not super polished and that’s why I would totally wear a BSEE patterned benie and a Gucci mini zip top crossbody to make my look more cute and trendy.