In this post I am reviewing some of the new, hot items available on the market but also going back into my closet to revive and rediscover once beloved pieces that are still very much wearable and classic.
1. In this first look I took the boxy shapes, cropped top from last summer and tweed jacket, and loosened the look up with long wide pants.
2. This next look is inspired by Spring- innocent ingénue, all sweetness and light. Spring is here, and with it comes a new crop of florals, pair them with your old pastels or neutrals in retro but edgy style. Love this A-Line dress by Ellen Tracy.
3. Dressing down for the most challenging role of my life- motherhood. You will catch me wearing no make up, linen wide pants and stripe loose top. If you desire to dress up this look a bit, below I added some bohemian elements.
4. I love to dress down, but I'm the queen of boho and Spanish influenced style. I'll look at Rachel Zoe and say, yeah, that's cool, I'll rock that. I won't ever spend the money she does, though. Except for shoes and earrings most of these items are from new collections by Tory Burch and IRO.
5. Pleats have been seen on the streets a lot lately: skirts, flouncy white shirts, spring coats etc. Street style is the fashion of our culture, and so for me, it is the way onward. It's all in the way we mix and match the pieces. You can mix this blouse with your worn-out boyfriend jeans, shorts or pencils skirts.
6. Cape-style sleeves, embroidered and back cutout with tiered overlay, this season's sexiest dresses take their cues from traditional Mexican way of dressing. Don't forget to find your favorite vintage jewelry pieces to complete this look.
7. A new breed of suit has swept in this spring, coming directly from DVF SS16 Collection. Her new fashion maturity features the arrival of such elements of decent dressing as "safari styling,"glamorous taupe-grey linen, point collar, utility style front pockets and playful rainbow fringing twist.
8. Strong, romantic and feminine. This dress by Adelyn Rae suggests a wistful prettiness and openness, taking harbor in the formality of trapeze structure. Pair it with a tried oversize trench, a cropped peacoat or a bomber jacket.
9. Summer and spring as seasons are laid-back, which means you can play more with comfortable shirts and jeans or shorts. Once you're comfortable with your base, you can expand onto your accessories.
10. Bejeweled or silk pleated tops and pleated mini skirts are turning up the heat this spring. Chic European meets bohemian is a sudden expansion of girlie femininity. Let's not forget to accessorize heavily with jewelry for maximum glamour effect.