You’ve got to venerate a girl who can kick minimalism in the shins. Jamie makes this sassy number, lovely and I’m sure this post will make women stare in a mix of admiration and desire while thinking, I wonder if I could get away with that kind of adventurous elegance!
1. Past decades we own.
Silhouettes, fabrics and patterns from 50s and 70s are this season's hit. The devil is all in the details: overexposed zippers, wide belts and flowers.
Touch of 50s and getting stuck in 70s ...
2. Florals- Hot Right Now.
For those Spring and Summer outings it is only appropriate to come out all in floral color. Classic floral dress is a carefully planned decision, cool and feminine. It needs to keep all proportions and balances in check. If high neck dress- we can go shorter, if neck and cleavage are exposed- dress should fall below the knees. For jewelry we go with oversized, heavy earrings.
Dress: Keepsake (sold out), Earrings: J.Crew, Shoes: Steve Madden
3. Three for Three Steps to clean Face.
Before any make up gets applied or after it is removed I use Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush with 3-Step Skin Care routine: foaming soap, clarifying lotion and moisturizing gel.
4. Cat Eye Running.
Eye Make UP: The cat eye look comes and goes. This is a rather subtle, lighter version and it works really well with darker tops. Love Tom Ford mascara, I use it for all of my eye make up looks.
5. Everything in Two.
Two piece combos are still in. You can wear high waisted skirts with cropped tops in all shades and colors. They can look very sexy or just plain playful.
Other fun pieces
6. Shout Out to rag&bone Label.
Smart people make beautiful and interesting things. Marcus Wainwright and David Neville's brand rag & bone specializes in genius, unique modern designs. Thanks to them the brand is one of the most coveted wearable, prestige clothing labels in today's market. New face of luxury with New York aesthetic. Made by people for people.
But beautifully constructed things are not anonymous, they don't just come out of nowhere. Without any formal fashion training there was an idea, project and passion that lead to creation of an ideal product. In short, these designers utilize a pure craftsmanship of local manufactures and some of the oldest factories in the country. Their brand image has been built on quality and expert skill. Everything is thought through with downtown sensibility and it is impeccably crafted. That's what I call "trendy."
RAG & BONE JEANS
Another way to style rag & bone jeans:
Mother's Day is almost here! Here are our picks for Spring's must-have necklaces. These beauties will be a nice additions to your Spring celebrations and of course perfect gifts to our lovely mothers!
For sexy moms conscious of their feminity, a flower of red-hot beauty elegances this necklace from Mahavir in India. This flowery pendant speckled with garnet stones that radiate like bright residues, forms a splendid contrast when styled with black turtle neck and blue jeans.
For young, perhaps still a bit naïve and girlish moms. Provoking with their innocence, they are beautiful and fascinating, consciously expressing their personality. This M. Haskell for Inc is perfect, it syndicates gorgeous oranges with stunning pink and looks fabulous with gold-tone mixed metallic dresses or tops.
For inspiring and creative moms who like to make bold statements with eye-catching accessories.
Perhaps she is a bohemian mom who likes to mix her styles and likes dynamic jewelry. Display a lustrous iridescence and metallic rainbow luster, flashing all the colors of the rainbow with your flowery top and skinny jeans.
If your mom prefers paisley, flowery prints and lightness in her outfits, this colorful Shh by Sadie Rocked Up crystal quarts necklace shouts freedom, boho and luxe of effortless beauty.
For moms with timeless, classic sense of style but who are also not afraid of sharp, deep colors and simple forms, we picked this precious stone pendant. One pear-cut iridescent green emerald gemstone would make the perfect mother’s day gift.
In this post I am reviewing some of the new, hot items available on the market but also going back into my closet to revive and rediscover once beloved pieces that are still very much wearable and classic.
1. In this first look I took the boxy shapes, cropped top from last summer and tweed jacket, and loosened the look up with long wide pants.
2. This next look is inspired by Spring- innocent ingénue, all sweetness and light. Spring is here, and with it comes a new crop of florals, pair them with your old pastels or neutrals in retro but edgy style. Love this A-Line dress by Ellen Tracy.
3. Dressing down for the most challenging role of my life- motherhood. You will catch me wearing no make up, linen wide pants and stripe loose top. If you desire to dress up this look a bit, below I added some bohemian elements.
4. I love to dress down, but I'm the queen of boho and Spanish influenced style. I'll look at Rachel Zoe and say, yeah, that's cool, I'll rock that. I won't ever spend the money she does, though. Except for shoes and earrings most of these items are from new collections by Tory Burch and IRO.
5. Pleats have been seen on the streets a lot lately: skirts, flouncy white shirts, spring coats etc. Street style is the fashion of our culture, and so for me, it is the way onward. It's all in the way we mix and match the pieces. You can mix this blouse with your worn-out boyfriend jeans, shorts or pencils skirts.
6. Cape-style sleeves, embroidered and back cutout with tiered overlay, this season's sexiest dresses take their cues from traditional Mexican way of dressing. Don't forget to find your favorite vintage jewelry pieces to complete this look.
7. A new breed of suit has swept in this spring, coming directly from DVF SS16 Collection. Her new fashion maturity features the arrival of such elements of decent dressing as "safari styling,"glamorous taupe-grey linen, point collar, utility style front pockets and playful rainbow fringing twist.
8. Strong, romantic and feminine. This dress by Adelyn Rae suggests a wistful prettiness and openness, taking harbor in the formality of trapeze structure. Pair it with a tried oversize trench, a cropped peacoat or a bomber jacket.
9. Summer and spring as seasons are laid-back, which means you can play more with comfortable shirts and jeans or shorts. Once you're comfortable with your base, you can expand onto your accessories.
10. Bejeweled or silk pleated tops and pleated mini skirts are turning up the heat this spring. Chic European meets bohemian is a sudden expansion of girlie femininity. Let's not forget to accessorize heavily with jewelry for maximum glamour effect.